Thereís so much to do in Cornwall in the summer and going by bus, train or ferry is part of the fun. It can easily save money, avoid the hassle of traffic and parking, be good for the planet, and you can enter our competition.
Just keep a diary of any trip over. the summer that involves a bus, train or ferry anywhere in Britain. There will be prizes in different age groups for making lots of journeys by public transport or having an interesting diary or the best description or picture of a trip.
If you live or go to school in Landulph Parish, or if you are visiting here over the summer holidays, why not go on at least one trip using a bus, train or ferry and enter our fun competition.
You can lay your diary out any way you want Ė either just a simple list or a scrapbook with tickets and pictures or even an online record. You must include the following details for each part of the trip: date, time, type of transport (bus, train or ferry), start and end location and who you went with. If you need help with the writing, that's ok. You donít have to just use public transport for the trip so for example you could park in Saltash and take the train to the seaside at Looe.
The competition closes on 3 September 2023 - any trips after this date wonít count. You need to complete the entry form overleaf (or provide the details in your diary) and hand in with your diary to Landulph School reception by 18 September 2023. If your diary is online, please email it to email@example.com.
Here are some ideas for trips using public transport:
- Catch the 452 (Tuesday) or 454 (Thursday) from Cargreen and visit the Leisure Centre in Saltash
- Catch the 452 (Tuesday) or 454 (Thursday) from Cargreen and visit the Tamar Bridge Visitor Centre - it's free and you can book a guided tour
- Catch the 452 (Tuesday) or 454 (Thursday) from Cargreen and use a 2A or 12 to travel onto Plymouth - there's lots to do but a visit to The Box is free and has activities for children over the summer
- Explore the trains - we recommend some trips from Saltash
- See how far you can go in Cornwall by bus - a family ticket (for 2 adults and any number of children under 16) costs just £15 for unlimited travel for a day
- Take one of the foot ferries from the Barbican in Plymouth to explore Cawsand or Mount Edgecombe
11th July 2023