To become carbon- neutral we need to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide we produce and capture the carbon dioxide we do produce to prevent it entering the atmosphere. In this way our impact on the planet will support a positive future for everyone. To achieve this target, businesses, residents and organisations in Cornwall need to work in partnership with Cornwall Council to tackle carbon emissions in the areas illustrated in the diagram above.
Although this is a huge national issue - there is something everyone can do - from the way we work, the way we travel, the way we purchase things, the way we dispose of things, the way we keep warm...and even what we eat. This is something that everyone can make a difference with - lots of small initiatives can have a big effect!
Sources of Information
- Cornwall Council Climate Emergency
- Environmental Growth in Cornwall
- Duchy of Cornwall Sustainable Stewardship
- Eden Project - Make the Change
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- Carbon Footprint Calculator - WWF
- Carbon Footprint Calculator - Carbon Independent.org
13th January 2021